Janome 11000 - Clothsetter Table
Using it as an extension table
The Clothsetter Table 11000 can be used to extend the sewing surface of the Memory Craft 11000. The table is an exclusive Janome accessory, featuring standard and metric measurements. To install the table, remove your accessory tray and the extension table snugs up perfectly against the bed of the machine. This gives you even support for bulkier projects, like quilts.
Using an Acu-Fill template on a quilt
You can use the Clothsetter Table 11000 and a template created by the Acu-Fill print tool to get perfect placement of your stippling on a quilt square. Once you’ve created a design and printed your template:
- Set it on your quilt and align it in the square
- Once it’s aligned, use clear tape to hold it in place
- Attach the Acu-Fill hoop to the Clothsetter table
- Set your project on the hoop, and bring the arm down to check for placement. Be sure the arrow on your template is pointing the same way as the arrow on the crosshairs.
- Lift the arm and set the hard template that comes with the Acu-Fill hoop on top of your project.
- Gently press it down in to the hoop, keeping the markings aligned with your template.
- Add the magnetic clips to hold your project in place
- Remove the hard template and the printed template
- Release the hoop from the Clothsetter table and attach it to your machine
And now, you’re ready to stitch out embroidery. We created this quilt using a traditional pattern and added stippling using the built-in Acu-Fill designs on the Memory Craft 11000 Special Edition.
Calibrating to your machine
The Clothsetter Table 11000 allows you to place your embroidery designs quickly and easily, and with pinpoint accuracy, on your Memory Craft 11000. To achieve this level of precision, your Clothsetter Table must be calibrated to your individual machine. To set up the table for the Clothsetter function, first:
- Remove the arm from its storage place under the table
- Then, open the cover on top of the table
- From underneath the table, pull back the attachment pin, and set the end of the arm in place
- Release the pin to lock it in place
- To calibrate the Clothsetter table for your machine, you’ll first stitch out a test pattern. You can use any of the 11000’s embroidery hoops. We’re using the smallest right now.
- Take fabric, backed with stabilizer, and hoop it
- Remove it from the Clothsetter table, and attach it to the machine
- On the touch-screen, go to “Built-In Embroidery Designs”. You’ll see a quick reference guide.
- Open the cross-shaped calibration design
- Press the Start button, and the machine will stitch out the test pattern
- When the pattern is complete, remove the hoop from the machine and attach it back on the Clothsetter table.
- Bring the arm down so the crosshairs are on the test pattern. They should line up perfectly, but in our case, they don’t!
- To adjust the alignment, take a screwdriver and loosen the two screws on the hoop attachment plate.
- Move the hoop until the test pattern perfectly aligns with the red crosshairs.
- Now, re-tighten the screws
Your Clothsetter table 11000 is now perfectly in line with your Memory Craft 11000
Embroidery placement with no template
Your Memory Craft 11000 machine has extremely precise embroidery stitching. The Clothsetter table 11000 lets you place your embroidery designs with that same level of precision. Before you do any embroidery with your Clothsetter table, be sure it’s calibrated. See the calibration video for easy instructions.
- On your Memory Craft 11000, choose the embroidery design you’d like to stitch out
- Choose the appropriate-sized hoop. We recommend choosing the smallest that will fit your project.
- Decide where on your project you would like your embroidery design placed.
- Using a fabric marker and a ruler, draw a cross at the center of your design, making an arrow mark at the top.
- Next, attach the embroidery hoop to the Clothsetter table. Be sure to loosen the screw on the outer hoop and remove the inner hoop
- Set a sheet of stabilizer on the hoop, followed by your project
- Lower the arm and move your project so the mark on your fabric aligns with the crosshairs. The arrow on your mark should be pointing in the same direction as the arrow on the crosshairs.
- Lift the arm and set the inner hoop in place
- As you push it down, be sure the markings don’t move
- Tighten the screw to hold your project in place
- Now, remove the whole hoop from the Clothsetter table and attach it to your Memory Craft 11000. To ensure it’s exactly in place, you can use the hand wheel to lower the needle.
- Press Start to begin embroidery stitching, following the machine’s directions for changing thread color
Supporting larger embroidery projects
The Clothsetter Table 11000 can help support your embroidery hoop when you’re embroidering on larger projects like a quilt. It’s a Memory Craft 11000 accessory that’s exclusive to Janome. To use it with embroidery:
- Slide the Clothsetter table in to place
- Then, attach your hooped project for embroidery
- The Clothsetter table 11000 will help support the extra weight
Embroidery placement with a printed template
Your Memory Craft 11000 machine has extremely precise embroidery stitching. When you use a printed template with the Clothsetter table 11000, you can easily place multiple designs with perfect accuracy. Before you do any embroidery with your Clothsetter table, be sure it’s calibrated. See the calibration video for easy instructions. Using a printed template to place your embroidery designs helps you better visualize how your design will fit on your project, and it allows you to easily create layouts using more than one hooping. Janome software has several tools for creating printed templates.
- Set your template on a cutting surface
- Using an awl, make holes on each of the four lines and at the tip of the arrow.
- Lay your template on your project
- Once it’s aligned the way you like, take a fabric marking pen and make a dot on your project in each of the holes.
- Remove the template, and with a ruler, draw lines between the dots in a cross pattern.
- Mark the arrow at the top
- Attach your embroidery hoop to the Clothsetter table, loosening the screw and removing the inner hoop.
- Set a sheet of stabilizer on the hoop, and then your project.
- Align it so it’s exactly under the crosshairs with the arrows pointing the same way
- Lift the arm, and set the inner hoop in place
- As you press it down, be sure your project does not move out of alignment
- Tighten the screw to hold your project in place.
- Now, remove the whole hoop from the Clothsetter table and attach it to your Memory Craft 11000
- To ensure it’s exactly in place, you can use the hand wheel to lower the needle
- Press Start to begin embroidery stitching, following the machine’s directions for changing thread color.
- Once embroidery is complete, you can remove the markings and excess stabilizer according to directions