Janome 11000 Fringe Foot
Creating an eyelash fringe
With the fringe foot, you can create beautiful eyelash fringe, like this! To install the foot:
- First, loosen the screw and remove the all-purpose foot
- Set the fringe foot in place under the screw
- Lower the presser foot to give you proper seating
- Lift it slightly and re-tighten the screw
- Choose the Overcast Stitch, which is #10 on your Memory Craft 11000
- Adjust the stitch width to 7.0mm and reduce the length to about 1mm.
- Make sure you’re using stabilizer behind your fabric
- Place your fabric where you want your fringe to begin. Your finished line of fringe will be created by the left stroke of your needle
- If you’d like your stitches closer together, you can decrease the length to 0.5mm. The fringe foot will stitch a series of loops
- When you’re done with your row of fringe, slip it off the back of the foot
- Using a pair of scissors, clip the thread close to where it goes in to the fabric on the right hand side
- Flip the fabric over and run your finger along the clip side to remove excess thread, and you end up with a row of eyelash fringe
You can use the fringe foot to create fringe without cutting the loops. You can also use it to do appliqué.