Janome 12000 Acu-Feed Ditch Quilting Foot “SD”, 9mm
Stitching in the ditch with the Acu-Feed flex system
You can use the Acu-Feed Flex system on your Horizon Memory Craft 12000 to feed the layers of your quilt while you stitch in the ditch. There is also an optional ditch-quilting foot, which does ditch-quilting without the Acu-Feed system.
The Acu-Feed ditch-quilting foot has a flange to hold the seam open as you sew. To use the foot:
- • Install it on the foot-holder before you attach it to the machine
- • Place the pins of the foot in the grooves of the ankle, and then push them together
- • Attach the Acu-Feed Flex system to your machine and tighten the screw
- • Push the bar on the back until it is flush
- • On your machine’s touch-screen, activate the Acu-Feed Flex system and choose a straight stitch
- • Align your fabric so the flange rests in the seam
- • On your machine, you can move the needle to adjust how closely it stitches to the flange
- • As you sew, keep your eye on the flange, making sure it stays in the seamAnd you’ve made a beautiful stitch in the ditch!