Janome 12000 Concealed Zipper Foot Z
Installing a concealed zipper
The concealed zipper foot “Z” allows you to get in close enough to easily install a concealed zipper.
• On the touch-screen of your Horizon Memory Craft 12000, choose “Sewing Applications”, then “Zippers”, then “Concealed Zipper”
• With the standard foot “A” still on your machine, sew the seam up to your zipper opening, leaving your zipper opening unsewn
• Choose “Basting” and baste the opening closed
• Remove the standard foot and attach zipper foot “Z”
• Sew down the right side of the zipper teeth, using the far left of the foot
• Remove zipper foot “Z” and attach zipper foot “E”
• Fold the project to one side, leaving the seam allowance available
• Stitch down the top of the zipper to the seam allowance
• Flip the project over to the other side
• Stitch the zipper tape down to the seam allowance
• Remove the basting stitches
• Remove zipper foot “E” and attach concealed zipper foot “Z” again
• Position the coils in to the far right slot and sew along the coils of the zipper.
And now, you've successfully installed a concealed zipper!