Janome 12000 Horizonlink Embroidery Design Layout
How to open, edit and transfer embroidery designs
Horizonlink software allows you to create design layouts on your PC and then transfer them to your Horizon Memory Craft 12000. First, be sure you have the software installed, and your PC connected to your Memory Craft 12000.
- Start the Horizonlink software
- Scroll down and click “Editing Embroidery Designs”
- To locate a design to open, click “Design”
- You will now see several folders. If you have a USB memory device plugged in to your PC, you will see that too.
- If you want to use one of the built-in designs that come with Horizonlink, you’ll find it in the “Design” folder.
- If you want to import a non-built-in design from your PC, you’ll find it by going in to the “Documents” folder, then opening the folder where you keep your designs. We’re going to choose a built-in design.
- Click “Design” folder
- Click on “Border Designs”
- Scroll down and click “Border 122”
- The design now opens in the “Edit” screen
- Click and drag it to the bottom of the screen. We can now bring in a corresponding design.
- Click “Design” and choose “Border 123”. This now opens in the “Edit” screen,
- Arrange the design as desired
- At the top of the screen, click “Edit”. Here, you can see the “Copy and paste” function.
- Click “Copy and paste”. Now, in the design list, you’ll see two of that design and one of the first design.
- Click and drag the design for placement
- The selected design will now be highlighted on the design list.
- Click “Rotate”, type in “90” and press Enter. You have now rotated the design by 90°. You can also do this by clicking the Up or Down arrows.
- Rotate the other one 270° by entering “270” and pressing Enter.
- Continue to arrange your design as desired. Try out the various editing functions to see how they work.
- Once you have finished your design, you can send it to the machine.
- If you process the design, it will open on your machine’s “Ready to sew” screen, but if you don’t process it, it opens in the machine’s “Edit” screen.
- Click the “Home” tab
- Click the “Process” icon
- Once you see it on a new screen without the grid, it has been processed. Now you’re ready to send it to the machine.
- On the “Link Manager” tab, click “Send”. You will now see a window on the Memory Craft 12000 screen that indicates it is receiving the design. When you’ve finished sending, the design will show up on the 12000’s screen in the “Ready to sew” screen. You can continue to edit the design on your machine’s screen by going in to the “Edit” mode.
Now you’re ready to embroider your design!