Janome 12000 Free Motion Quilting Open Toe Foot QO
Doing free motion quilting with an open toe foot
The free motion quilting open toe foot “QO” gives you extra visibility when you do free motion quilting. To use this foot, first:
- Go to the touch-screen of your Horizon Memory Craft 12000 and select “Sewing Applications”
- Page forward to “Free Motion Quilting”
- Choose “Straight Stitch 2”
- Choose the “QO Foot”
- If you have the blue free motion bobbin case, insert this optional accessory
- Attach the free motion quilting foot QO to the machine (be sure you install it on to the machine with the back bar behind the ankle, and the front bar as usual. This provides extra stability for the foot, and will keep the foot flat so that it doesn’t add any downward pressure).
No need to lower your feed dogs, the machine will do it automatically when you select the sewing application. Your machine has an automatic foot pressure sensor. When you start stitching, the sensor will detect the loft of your project and adjust the presser foot pressure accordingly. The default setting is 1mm. Now, you can begin free motion quilting as desired!
When you’re finished, press the thread snips button to cut your thread, or if desired, you can leave thread tails to bury in to the back of your quilt. And now, you’ve done beautiful free motion quilting!