Janome 12000 Pin-Tucking Foot Narrow “N2”, 9mm
Making narrow pin tucks
The narrow pin-tucking foot uses a twin needle to sew evenly spaced pin-tucks (about 2mm apart) with your Horizon Memory Craft 12000. When used with the pin-tucking cord guide, the foot can sew corded pin-tucks.
- To do this, begin by removing the clear bobbin case cover, and installing the narrow pin-tucking cord guide
- Install a twin needle with the same width as the distance between the grooves on the pin-tuck foot
- Thread your machine with a second spool of thread
- Attach the foot to your machine
- Raise the foot and pull your cord through the cord guide
- The narrow pin-tucking cord guide can use cord up to 1.5mm in diameter
- On the touch-screen of your machine, go to “Utility Stitches”
- Select a straight stitch and choose “Twin Needle”
- Position your fabric over the cord so the twin needles come down on either side
- Begin sewing
And you’ve created a narrow corded pin-tuck! To create multiple rows, position the previous pin-tuck in the groove on the bottom of the foot and stitch down your next row beside it.