Janome 12000 ¼” Seam Foot “O”
Creating a perfect ¼” seam
The ¼” seam foot “O” has a wider needle opening, allowing you to adjust the needle position for a scant seam. It has a flange along the side that works as a guide. Just keep your fabric edge against the flange and you’ll make a perfect ¼” seam. To set up your Horizon Memory Craft 12000 for this foot:
- On the touch-screen, choose “Decorative Stitches”
- Go in to “Quilting”
- Choose “Stitch 2”
- This sets the machine up to do a ¼” seam with the “O” foot.
- If you want to adjust the stitch, select the “Adjust” button. This allows you to change the needle placement to create a customized seam allowance.
- To use the “O” foot, choose “Sewing Applications”
- Page forward, now choose “Patchwork”. You can select either the straight stitch or the lock-o-matic
- You can see that our stitch link has been changed to 1.8
Now you’re ready to sew perfect ¼” seams. Attach the foot to the machine and stitch your seams.