Janome 12000 Ribbon Sequin Foot “RS”, 9mm
Attaching ribbons or sequins
The ribbon sequin foot makes it easy to attach ribbons, sequins and similar items with your Horizon Memory Craft 12000. You can also use the foot to attach ribbon with a decorative stitch. For attaching sequins, you can choose either a zig-zag or a straight stitch. Whichever you choose, you’ll want your thread color to match the sequins. We’ll show you the straight stitch method first.
- To start, feed the sequins through the slot at the front.
- Attach the foot
- On the touch-screen, choose a straight stitch
- Adjust the stitch length, so you penetrate the sequins fewer times
- Begin sewing at a slow speed, guiding the fabric and making sure the sequins are feeding evenly
And now, you’ve attached your sequins with a straight stitch.
To sew on sequins with a zig-zag stitch, set up the foot as before.
- On the touch-screen, go to “Utility Stitches”
- Choose a zig-zag stitch
- Adjust the width to “7”, so the needle penetrates on either side of the sequins.
- Adjust the length to “5”
- Begin sewing at a slow speed, guiding the fabric and making sure the sequins are feeding evenly.
And now, you’ve attached your sequins with a zig-zag stitch.
To attach a ribbon, choose any stitch you like, including decorative stitches.
- Cut the end of your ribbon at an angle, and insert it in to the slot on the front of the foot.
- Push it so it comes out the back.
- Position your fabric under the foot and begin sewing
- Gently guide your fabric, and the foot will feed the ribbon
And now, you’ve attached your ribbon