Janome 7700 Dual Feed
The Janome Horizon is equipped with a built-in dual-feed device. It ensures smooth and even feed of all kinds of fabrics.
• Raise the needle to the highest position and turn the power switch off
• Remove the needle
• Loosen the set screw and remove the foot holder
• Attach the dual-feed foot and tighten the set screw firmly to secure the foot
• Attach the needle
• Raise the presser foot lifter to the extra up position
• Swing down the dual-feed device and engage it with the dual-feed foot
• To disengage the dual-feed device, pull down the dual-feed device and swing it to the rear.
• Swing up the dual-feed device until it snaps in to place
Straight stitch sewing with a dual-feed device:
Patterns D1-D4 and D1S-D3S can be used with a dual-feed device. If you select D1S, D2S or D3S for sewing fine fabrics, use the dual-feed foot for the best sewing results.
• Raise the presser foot and position the fabric under the foot
• Lower the needle to the point where you wish to start
• Lower the presser foot
• Start the machine and sew at medium speed, letting the fabric feed naturally
• The Janome 7700 will not start if the presser foot is up and the LCD screen will show a message to lower the foot
Dual-feed adjusting dial:
• If the lower layer puckers, turn the dual-feed adjusting dial toward the plus sign. If the upper layer puckers, turn the dual-feed adjusting dial towards the minus sign.