Janome Binder Foot
The binder foot makes it easy to attach pre-folded bias binding tape or bias tape you’ve made yourself on to any project.
- Start by cutting the end of the binding at a 45° angle.
- Insert the end in to the largest slot at the end of the funnel.
- Use a seam-ripper, or an awl, to guide the binding through the funnel
- Pull about 2” of it behind the foot
- Snap the foot on to the machine. Set the machine for a straight stitch or a narrow zig-zag
- Slip the edge of the fabric through the funnel and push it close to the edge of the foot
- As you start sewing, guide the fabric to keep it in the funnel, and guide the binding tape through the slot.
You can use this foot to attach bias binding tape on any kind of project.