Janome Border Guide Foot
Making parallel rows of stitching
The Border Guide Foot has wings with red lines, which act as guides to help you make perfectly parallel rows of decorative stitching.
- Snap the border guide foot on to your machine
- Choose your decorative stitch
- Begin by lining up the edge of your fabric with one of the lines on the foot. You can also use a line drawn on your fabric
- As you sew, watch the guidelines, not the needle, to keep your fabric going straight
- When you’ve completed your first row of stitching, move the fabric so your starting point is under the red horizontal line, and your previous row of stitching is between the two vertical red lines
- Choose another decorative stitch and begin sewing
- Keep your eyes on the stitching between the red guidelines and you’ll end up with perfectly even rows.
The border guide foot opens up all kinds of new possibilities with your machine’s decorative stitches.