Janome Quarter Foot “O”
Perfect ¼” seams and corners
The ¼” foot “O” has a guide along the right edge. You run your fabric along it to get a perfect ¼” seam allowance. It also has ¼” marks along the side, which allows you to drop your needle and pivot around corners.
- Snap the foot on to your machine and choose a straight stitch
- Put the edge of your fabric against the guide and begin sewing
- At the end of your seam, sew right up to the ¼” mark
- Stop with the needle down and pivot your fabric
- Repeat for each side to get a perfect ¼” seam all the way around
You can use the ¼” seam foot “O” to create rows of tucks. The foot has a guide along the right side, which helps you get perfect ¼” seam allowances.
- Begin by snapping the foot on to the machine and choosing a straight stitch
- Fold your fabric several inches in from the edge
- Sew your first row of stitching along the folded edge
- Unfold your fabric, and fold it again a little way from the first seam
- Set your new fold against the guide and sew a ¼” seam
- To finish, press all your tucks down in one direction