Janome MB4 Embroidery Only Machine
Janome MB-4 combines the ball-bearing precision of professional embroidery machines, the high-quality embroidery which is the hallmark of Janome brand and multiplies the capabilities four times over. Armed with four needles, the MB-4 brings the same professional finish to your projects as seen in industrial grade embroidery. Four standard Janome hoops are part of the package - so now your machine can handle all sizes of embroidery projects right in your home. With smart detection for cutting threads and computerized features, the MB-4 gives you plenty of creative options.
Remote Computer Screen
The MB-4 comes with a standalone, remote computer screen (RCS) which can be used as a completely independent unit to resize, crop and edit your designs. The versatile USB support for the RCS is supported by most high-end Janome machines, so you don’t need multiple controllers.
LED lighting for workspace
Embroidery is a work of precision and your work area needs to be well lit for optimum performance. The lighting (LED) ensures that your workspace is well lit at all times.
The automatic thread cutting feature of MB-4 detects thread jumps and missed stitches by itself and cuts off the thread tails, even between patterns and letters.
High Speed Bobbin winder
With peak operating speeds of 2000 spm, the dedicated motor for bobbin winding can wind a bobbin even as you are stitching out a pattern.
Memory and Controls
Memory bank of MB-4 stores a massive 1.5 million stitches (or nearly 100 designs), a huge step up from comparative models. The 3 MB memory is accentuated by on board controls, so you don’t need any external controlling device.
PC to Machine connectivity
With USB ports both on the RCS and the MB-4, the PC to machine connectivity is hassle-free. You just need the digitizing software (sold in isolation) and a USB cable to start transferring your designs.
Compatible with professional grade Embroidery Hoops
The package comes with three hoops, 24cm x 20 cm (M1), 12.6cm x 11cm (M2) and 5cm x 5cm (M3). It can handle all standard embroidery and compatible for upgrades to different hoops of Janome and Tajima brands.
Janome MB4 Features:
• Remote computer screen armed with USB port and PC card (ATA), so you can edit your designs in stand-alone manner and import it to the machine
• USB port on machine with extra memory capability
• Liquid crystal display with excellent backlight even for low illumination workspace
• Peak embroidery speeds of 800 stitches-per-minute without wobbles
• 50 embroidery designs out of the box
• Ability to turn the designs in clockwise/ anti-clockwise directions in steps of 1’ or 90’’ as well as flip the designs along either axis
• Flexible re-sizing of design, allowing both magnifying and reduction by 20% in increments of 1% in addition to on-screen zoom-in and zoom-out features
• Fabric tracing, basting capabilities for design area
• Font selection: 10 counts
• Two/ Three letter monogramming
• Thread color selection brands: 4 (Robison-Anton, Janome, Madeira, Mettler)
• Simple drag and drop feature for designs
• On-screen runtime controls (MY SET) for design color contrast, metrics switching (inches, centimeters) and other custom settings to over-ride pre-sets.
• On screen settings for indicating stitch out times.
• Several language choices
• Stitch counter and Automatic thread cutting to make clean designs and leave no thread tails
• Sensor for top thread and presser feet
• Dial to control the thread tension manually.
Janome MB4 Accessories:
• Needle Set
• Bobbin (5)
• Thread Nets
• Seam Ripper
• Screwdriver (large)
• Screwdriver (small)
• Lint Brush
• M1 Hoop 240mm x 200mm with template
• M2 Hoop 126mm x 110mm with template
• M3 Hoop 50mm x 50mm with template
• Thread felt
• Spool Holder (large)
• Handy Threader
• USB Cable
• Instruction Book
• Instructional CD
Awesome machine Review by Ally
Value Quality Price
I’ve had this machine for two months and it took me a while to get adjusted to using it, but after I’ve gotten all the controls done, it’s such a fun machine to work with. I work with electronic machines with patters, and this one was particularly bad at recognizing the files. However, I learned I had to upgrade to Artistic Suite 6 and after I’ve made that jump, and transferred the files, the reading issues stopped. Now my embroidery looks greater than ever, and I couldn’t have been happier. Also, the Customer service was really helpful, they explained to me step by step how to get the patterns to work, so a warm thank you to them too.