Janome 12000 Hammer Foot 6mm D1, 9mm
Creating professional rolled hems
The hammer foot 6mm makes it easy to create professional ¼” wide rolled hems on your Horizon Memory Craft 12000. The funnel on the front of the foot folds your hem as you stitch.
- To begin, attach the foot to your machine
- On the touch-screen, go in to “Utility Stitches” and choose a straight stitch
- Take your fabric and make a slight double-roll the same width as the hammer foot opening (about ¼” for the 6mm foot)
- Then, cut the end at an angle
- Place the fabric, right side down, under the foot and lower the needle
- Sew two or three stitches, then remove the fabric, leaving the thread tails
- Feed the fabric in to the little curl on the foot, using the thread tails to help guide it in to place
- Begin sewing, holding the fabric so it continues to curl in to the foot. You end up with a professional looking hem.