Janome 12000 Piping Foot “I”, 9mm
Making your own piping
The piping foot lets you easily make custom piping on your Horizon Memory Craft 12000. The groove on the bottom of the foot allows you to use it with purchased bias tape, or you can cut your own bias strip out of the fabric you choose.
- To begin, fold the fabric over the cord, right sides out
- Attach the piping foot to your machine
- On the touch-screen, go to “Utility Stitches”
- Select a straight stitch. If you want to sew closer to the cord, adjust the needle position.
- Align the folded fabric under the foot so the cord is in the groove on the bottom of the foot
- Make sure the needle will penetrate as close to the cording as possible
- Begin sewing
And now, you’ve created your own custom piping!