Janome Concealed Zipper Foot
Installing a zipper
The Janome Concealed Zipper Foot makes it easy to install an invisible zipper. The foot has two grooves on the bottom to guide your zipper teeth during sewing.
- To begin, snap the foot on to your machine and select a straight stitch.
- Open your zipper and lay it right side down on your fabric – the edge of the zipper tape aligned with the edge of your fabric
- Position the fabric so the teeth of the zipper go in to the groove on the left of the needle
- Sew the length of the zipper
- Now, position the other side of the zipper, right side down, with the edge of the tape aligned with the edge of the fabric
- Position it under the foot, so the zipper teeth are in the right hand groove
- Stitch the length of the zipper
And now you have a concealed zipper!