Janome Piping Foot
How to make your own piping
You can use the Janome Piping Foot to make your own custom piping. You can use either a purchased bias strip, or cut your own strip of fabric. It can be either straight of grain, or biased.
- • Place your cording in the center of the fabric, then wrap the fabric around it
- • With the piping foot on the machine, move the needle to a left position, so it just barely clears the needle-hole
- • Hand-crank the needle to make sure it will safely clear the hole in the foot
- • Feed the encased cording in to the groove on the underside of the foot
- • Choose a straight stitch and sew down the side of the encased cord to create your own custom piping.