Janome Memory Craft
Switching between regular sewing and precision embroidery just got easy! The Janome now offers Memory Craft 9900,
your one-stop solution to effortlessly sew and perform embroidery tasks without bulky attachments or using two seperate machines. From intricate lace and appliqué work to tricky pillow case designs, you can do it all with the sharp, precise stitch quality of MC9900 giving your work a professional grade finish. The operating speeds can be very fast, and yet the stability is remarkable.
All this comes in a package which is silent as a whisper, and will surprise you with how well priced it is, compared to competitors. At Janome, we believe in technology which makes you happy.
Exceptional stability without a stabilizer!
We don’t take the stability of precision sewing and emrboidery lightly! The embroidery unit is easy to detach or slide back into the machine. You can also leave it attached while sewing to lend support to the delicate fabrics. The technology is similar to our other high end Memory Craft machines, and now we bring the same quiet efficiency into the MC9900 model. The sideways motion (along the X axis) is a solid design, allowing strong, flat stitches with exact measurements. The vertical motion (along the Y axis) has a motion guide, the double linear nature allowing the stitches to be stable despite easy movement. Just because we are sleek, doesn’t mean we aren’t powerful. Goes through several layers without a complaint.
Incredible Selection of Colours
A graphical user interface of advanced quality, coupled with a processor which quadruples the speed of any comparable sewing machine you’ve used, make it a powerhouse behind the scenes. We then added a jaw-dropping selection of 65,356 colors to the mix. Let’s just say, we brought the whole color palette to your doorstep. Now, just spin the wheel and pick through the luxurious designs and watch your imagination express itself on fabric.
Tailor-made for you
You like the bright reds, cool blues or classy whites - or you want mix it up depending on the day of the week. The MC9900 comes with three different colors for your panel.
The feed dogs, all seven of them, can stay parallel and pull the cloth underneath the presser feet. The result is a taut texture which is so accurate, that the stitches can go forward or backward and still find the same holes. We call it “Superior Plus” for a reason.
200K Stitches and counting
Intricate designs with a count of up to 200,000 stitches can be stored at one go. And that doesn’t slow it down. The 9900 will still rattle them off at 800 spm.
Built-In applications for Sewing and Time-saving
Whether you’re a newbie who needs some hand holding while sewing, or a pro who wishes not to waste time working on basic sewing settings, you will appreciate our sewing applications and time saving features. There are a dozen sewing techniques to choose from, complete with built in preset stitch length, density etc. The menu will suggest everything from fabric thickness to which foot to use (you can always over-ride those and customize).
So now, you have a machine which is programmed to help your sewing project. Your sewing machine just got smarter. Yay!
Built-In designs for Embroidery
With a bank of 175 in built designs for embroidery you can start with those pretty butterflies for hand towel to luxurious, intricate designs for the pillow covers. Designed by the renowned Jane Spolar, you even have a special selection for edges, borders and cornersides.
- • Machine Size – Width 47.5cm, Height 31.5 cms, Depth 22.3 cms (33.6 cms with the Embroidery Unit) Lightweight, at less than 23 lbs (30 lbs with Embroidery unit)
- • Over eight inches of working space between needle and free-arm. Eight inches of free arm
- • Easy-to-use backlit liquid crystal touch screen with stylus White LED lights (five counts) to illuminate work area Comfortable carry handle on top of machine
- • Extra storage space under the free arm, in addition to spacious box in front and back for accessories
- • Multi-lingual with 13 language choices: English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Swedish, Dutch, Russian, Finnish, Portuguese, Polish, Turkish and Japanese.
- • Stitch button lock feature.
- • Built-in selection of 200 different kinds of stitches, with a chart for reference on the lid. Memory for storing individual favorite stitches, settings and frequently used options
- • Stitches can go upto 9mm wide, 5 mm long, and even be elongated to five times their regular size. Over 90 different needle positions.
- • Peak sewing speed of 1000 spm without any wobbles.
- • Auto thread cutting, you can cut both bobbin and the top thread at once, pull the latter to the underside and program the exact spot where you need the thread cut.
- • Six custom, single-step buttonholes with adjustable width, length of stitches and density.
- • Drop feed with a seven-piece feed dog. No more fabric getting clogged up, bunching on top or slipping away. The feeds can be adjusted to be dual, or single with easy options to remove the upper feed per the use.
- • Default down position for needles when sewing stops. For threading, ensure it is up. Extra “lock” buttons to help stop the machine operations while threading or changing the attachments (needle, foot)
- • Clear, precise marks for measurements on needle plates; lever-guided easy snap-on and remove features for the plates (no more screw-drivers!)
- • Smooth, automatic needle threading
- • Partial ‘reverse’ feature available on certain stitches
- • ‘Flip’ options for 25 select stitches to be flipped either horizontally or vertically.
- • Programmable ‘time saving’ and ‘sewing application’ guides for machine presets on recommended use of sewing foot, needles, fabric and other sewing intelligence - now directly from the software
Decorative and Custom features
- • Reset (startover) feature if you need to start over again with the stitches after having started sewing already.
- • Selection of 6 different fonts (Cyrillic, Script, Block and Japanese x 2), with monogramming letters, artistic border and edge features for embroidery
- • High quality foot-presser lift to allow several layers or thicker fabric textures to be fed in before the foot is lowered. Great for denim, fake suede and leather.
- • Regular foot presser with seven different adjustable levels
- • Modify the sewing foot height to suit your needs and kind of projects you’re working on, with a simple knee lifting adjustment.
- • 3 MB of default memory with a menu to pre-set functions of the sewing machine.
- • 2 machine ports (1 USB, and 1 for cutting thread automatically with external switch attachment) Automatic sensor for bobbins to notify when the thread might be running low
- • Standard embroidery hoops (2) - 17cm x 20 cm, 14cm x 14 cm
- • Zigzag foot A (set on the machine)
- • Overedge foot M
- • Satin stitch foot F
- • Blind hemming foot G
- • Zipper foot E
- • Automatic buttonhole foot R
- • Stabilizer plate
- • Rolled hem foot D
- • Darning foot PD-H
- • Button sew ing foot T
- • 1/4˝ seam foot O
- • Embroidery foot P
- • Straight stitch needle plate
- • Bobbin x 5 (1 set on the machine)
- • Needle set
- • Screw driver
- • Lint brush
- • Seam ripper (buttonhole opener)
- • Quilting guide bar
- • Spool holder x 2 (large) (1 set on the machine)
- • Spool holder x 2 (small)
- • Extra spool pin
- • Scissors
- • Button shank plate
- • Touch panel stylus
- • Bobbin holder cleaner
- • Changeable frame x 2 (Metallic Green, Pearl W hite)
- • Cloth guide
- • Embroidery hoop SQ14a 140 x 140mm (w ith template)
- • Embroidery hoop RE20a 170 x 200mm (w ith template)
- • Magnetic clamps (x4)
- • Bobbin holder for embroidery
- • Power supply cable
- • Knee lifter - adjustable
- • Foot control
- • Instruction book
- • Key icon reference chart
- • Instructional DVD
- • Template CD
Great machine Review by Glenda
Value Quality Price
Bought this machine after doing some online research, but now that I finally put my hands on it I am in awe! It’s a serious, smart, easy to use machine, that leaves nothing to be desired. It’s the machine I’ve always wanted, and it’s a dream come true!
Very impressed! Review by Susan
Quality Price Value
I’ve had this machine for about 2 weeks, and it took me a while to get to know it. I’ve read the manual a few times, also gave the DVD a watch, and I’d say it’s all well done, but maybe a few points could have been explained more in detail
This is a serious machine, for real work; it has 200 stitch patterns and 3 different fonts; It can quilt, does great heirlooms, it quilts great, and it can do utility stitches and pictorial stitching.
The computer assisted bobbin drop, the needle height and the stop and start button all work flawlessly. The feeder dog level works easily and it also comes with a button for thread cutting. Dimensions wise it’s a rather large machine, 18” long, it comes with spare needles and it has a bobbin winding function that works even without taking the thread out of the machine. The computer on-board uses a classic USB connection, so you can download stitch patterns and get them into the machine easily
It also has a knee lift and the pedal is a large, bulky one, feel really great to control. For a computer sewing machine, I really can’t find any faults with it. Some of the functions are left analogous, some are button operated, which is for the best, as I don’t have to go hunting in the menu for these functions. Within the computer, you can change the length and the height of the stitch and you can move the machine in reverse too. Also, when you want to lock a stitch, it has a dedicated button, which is very helpful.
The interface is touch screen type, also in color, and the machine has storage compartments, making working with it very neat and tidy overall.
If, say, you start with a simple sewing job and then you want to go into embroidery mode, it’s very simple to make the jump. There’s a button you push to drop the needle plate, plus it drops the feed dogs automatically.
In embroidery mode the arm has its own case, so it’s a clean process to use it, as it slides in the back of the machine with a button push. It has 2 hoops, and it has a standard 140x140 or a 170x200 sizes, with clear template guides, and so it helps a lot when you get a design down.
There are a few preinstalled designs, it has 4 fonts, a few borders and it can get letter monograms done real easy. The thread color can be changed via the computer screen. You can also set it to resize a template, mirror it or rotate it, all done on the touch screen.
Sewing is so easy and straightforward, with any normal thread. The embroidery thread as well as the moon threads are all handled easily. I’ve had a few thread breaks, but nothing significant, it was mainly my fault for these.
Text or embroidery work, on pillow cases, on cushions and other materials look amazingly pro.
A great advantage is that the machine won’t work out of order; what I mean is, if you forgot a step or if the machine is not set for a job it will beep, and whatever it is you’re not doing right, it tells you on screen. Somehow it even knows when the bobbin is running out of thread, so you can feed it. The screen is also great for design tracing. What you do is align the stitch it’s going to do next to the position on the material, and so you know exactly where to position the needle. Even if you have to stop, you can return and the computer will start again from where you left off.. So, lining up the pattern is really easy, it saves you a whole lot of time.
For those that work with intricate embroidery patterns, the machine is definitely a substantial one. It’s designed smart, easy to use and as I said, if you have to stop in the middle of a pattern, you can go back again, and the work done will look amazing, without skips or misalignment. Thus, I’m definitely happy with it, and for embroidery it’s a smart purchase. Highly recommend it.
Great machie Review by Rita
Value Quality Price
The 9900 has been in my possession for a few days, and I’ve just had the time to play with the digital software side, the touch screen. It’s really a professional machine, and stitching leaves nothing to be desired. Really a great machine.
The perfect choice! Review by Anita
Value Quality Price
For what it is, this machine is smaller than I imagined; but it works like a charm, stitching is perfect sewing is simple and it’s got that addictive thing going, it’s so fun to run. Now all I need is to get to sewing as my main thing!